Wednesday, October 24, 2012

PizzaRev - Studio City, CA

Vegan MoFo rolls on and I'm at number 7 on my way to 10 new restaurant reviews. This afternoon I had a hankerin' for pie; pizza pie!  There's a new joint on Ventura called Pizza Rev and it's Pizza Rad.  If you've never heard of it, it's essentially the Chipotle of pizza shops; you place your order at one end of the counter, starting with your crust, then follow the blank canvas of dough down an assembly line choosing unlimited toppings from a respectable selection of meats, veggies and cheeses. This concept has been hella played out in the sandwich and burrito realms, but here at Pizza Rev it somehow feels fresh and exciting.

For my masterpiece, I went with the gluten free crust topped with Daiya cheese, spinach, red onions, mushroom and artichokes. Sound familiar? It's my contest-losing pie from the Two Boots challenge. (Yes, I lost. Whatever.)

Once I was done piling on the toppings, the dude behind the counter slide my pizza in the oven and I grabbed a seat. In less than seven minutes, the steaming hot pie was delivered to my table and I dove right in. It's one size feeds all at Pizza Rev, with every pie clocking in at a decent 11 inches. I was starving when I walked in and wasn't sure if such a small, thin pizza would satisfy, but the ample amount of veggies pushed my belly to capacity.

As for taste: these pizzas are really, really good. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the ingredients and the overall deliciousness of the pie. If Dominos, Pizza Hut and Little Caesars are supposed to be their competition, Pizza Rev destroys them hands down. It's no contest. Pizza Rev falls more into the CPK atmosphere, only much less expensive and IMO, better tasting. 

If you happen to find yourself in the mood for pizza, do yourself a favor and head to one of their three Valley locations. It's quick, cheap and scrump-diddly-umptious.

1 comment:

  1. THAT IS AWESOME. Sorry, it warrants caps. So amazing.

    ReplyDelete